Environmental Public Relations/Communication Officer
* 0.6 full time equivalent based on 37.5 hours per week (flexibility in hours / days required)
* Home based
* Immediate start with review after 6 months and option to continue
About the Organisation
Join the Sutherland Shire Environment Centre as Public Relations/Communication Officer. You will be a resident of the Sutherland Shire working as part of an independent, not-for- profit, community organisation striving towards a cleaner, healthier and more beautiful environment. Your position as a Public Relations/Communication Officer will be varied and challenging, supporting the organisation, the management committee and its sub-groups in promoting the Centre, its activities and campaigns. Join this motivated organisation and help improve the environment now and for the future.
About The Position
As the Centre’s Public Relations/Communication Officer you will work closely with the Chairperson and management committee to create positive outcomes and build the Centre’s profile. The role includes coordinating, liaising and communicating with committee members, sub-groups, MPs, Sutherland council, other environmental groups and the general public. This will include editing and facilitating correspondence including letters and posts on the Centre’s Facebook and Website pages. The role extends to liaising with a graphic design consultant to produce printed materials such as flyers, posters and reports, coordinating events and venues, preparing for Management Committee meetings and assisting in the promotion of the Centre and the role that it plays in the region.
You should be a resident of the Sutherland Shire and be willing to work flexible hours to meet the fluctuating demands of the Centre.
Your background/skills need to include:
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Above-average oral and written communication skills
* Ability to coordinate events and activities
* Intermediate, or better, Microsoft Office skills and familiarity with WordPress
* Attention to detail
* A positive, self-motivated attitude
* At least 2 years’ experience in social media marketing and communication.
In return you will:
* Work for a progressive Environmental Organisation close to home
* Receive extension training including registration and support for attending local conferences
* $25 per hour + Super (negotiable)
* Start immediately
* Opportunity to continue after 6 month review
Closing date is July 19, 2019
Tassia Kolesnikow (chair): 02 9501 1505 or 040 106 1544
Jenni Gormley (executive officer): 040 406 5376