In-principle approval for at least 10 longwall mines which are expected to pass below Woronora Reservoir has been granted. Rob Stokes, the Minister for Planning and Public Spaces, is currently considering whether to grant final approval for several of these to go ahead.
Whatever your political leanings or position on coal we believe this is a matter that goes beyond politics. Our water supply is simply too important to compromise.
Petitions in hard copy paper format can be presented for debate in the NSW Parliament — if they contain 10,000 signatures. Maintaining the integrity of our water supply is important – and should be given public consideration.
Please help us trigger this debate – and let other people know what is proposed. The mining under Woronora Dam will go ahead if people do nothing to prevent it.
Once completed, mail the petition to:
Sutherland Environment Centre
PO BOX 589, Sutherland 1499, NSW, Australia
The petition can also be signed at a number of locations around the Sutherland Shire. Currently there are copies –
In Cronulla, at –
– Anna’s coffee shop, Shop around the Corner, Shop 6, Munro Park.
– LOAF Sandwiches, 89 Cronulla st
North Caringbah –
Mr Paisley’s cafe, 88 Cawarra Rd
The Howling Forest Cafe, 165 Oak Rd, Kirrawee
– The Grate Cheese Company, 5/13-17 Gymea Bay Rd via, Warburton St
– 7th Heaven Café 4/41 Eton St, Sutherland NSW 2232
– The Bundeena Bowling Club
– Charlies Gelato Factory, Shop 3, 96-98 Loftus St
– The Driftwood Café
– Bundeena Newsagency
– at the Maianbar Cafe.
Woronora at –
– the Boatshed Cafe (131 Prince Edward Park Rd) and,
– the Riverside Cafe (1/2 Prices Circuit).
Stanwell Park – LOAF Kitchen at 91a Lawrence Hargrave Drive.
– Helensburgh Newsagency 123 Parkes St, Helensburgh
– Wollongong Pilates Studio