Congratulations to Mr Paisleys Café, winner of Sutherland Shire Environment Centre’s Sustainability Award in the Local Business Awards.
The Centre is delighted to reward you for your great environmentally-sustainable initiatives such as:
- using paper and steel straws rather than plastic straws
- using packaging made of corn (which can be composted)
- giving customers free coffee grounds for compost
- conserving energy and water
- growing their own herbs
- composting food scraps
- selling discounted keep-cups, straws, cutlery and drink bottles
- offering a mug library for people who forget to bring their own cups
- educating customers about environmentally-friendly practices.
We hope that the great example that Mr Paisleys has set will encourage other businesses to adopt eco-savvy business practices too.
You can read more about Mr Paisleys café here – http://www.mrpaisleys.com.au