2019 Sustainability Award – Local Business Awards Nomination form
Eco-savvy business is environmentally-sustainable business – business that operates in ways that, at best, benefit the environment and, at least, do minimal harm to it.
Why do we need eco-savvy businesses?
- This planet is the only one we have! It’s not in anyone’s best interest to put in place business practices or sell products that damage it.
- Products and services that are healthy for the planet are healthy for consumers. There’s always a market for healthy products and services and that market is growing.
- Eco-savvy businesses draw on products that are sustainable rather than those that are dwindling (coal and oil) and that will increase in price as they become scarcer.
Eco-savvy business is the direction of the future.
Sutherland Shire Environment Centre supports and encourages eco-savvy businesses by sponsoring the ‘Sustainability’ Award in the Sutherland Shire Local Business Awards.
Whether you’re a business owner, manager or customer, you can help foster the growth of eco-savvy businesses. Let’s work together to put the ECO into the ECOnomy.
Convenor: Lyn McLean
- Is your business eco-savvy?
- Join SO SHIRE at SHIRE SHRED to CLEAN UP WANDA Beach this Sunday 19th May 10am
- CLEAN UP AUSTRALIA DAY TOWRA POINT
- Some suppliers of environmentally-friendly products and packaging
- Congratulations Loaf Sandwiches
- Congratulations Arete Organics
- Congratulations Honua Drink
- Highly-commended – Sustainability Award: Cheeky Wipes Australia
- Winner – inaugural Sustainability Award: Mr Paisleys Cafe
- Eco-savvy business – is that you?